Community Service Officer
Community Service Officers (CSOs) are traditionally applicants who are looking towards law enforcement as a viable career path, and waiting to meet the requirements to apply to the Police Academy.
The CSO program allows the employee to gain valuable, practical experience, while earning a salary.
CSOs will gain experience by performing the following services:
- Investigating traffic crashes
- Preparing and issuing Uniform Traffic Citations for non-criminal violations
- Responding to and handling abandoned vehicles
- Assisting and transporting stranded motorists
- Performing traffic related duties
- Responding to illegally parked cars
- Handling substation duties
- Acting as Crossing Guards
- Assisting in the search of missing persons
- Handling special events where large crowds and traffic issues may cause a problem
- Be at least 18- years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
- Applicants must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Be in good physical condition.
* (PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed.)
- Must be able to run a mile in under 12 minutes
- Be of good moral character
- NOT HAVE TATTOOS above the collarbone (e.g., neck, face, or behind the ear) or below the wrist (e.g., hands, fingers)
- NOT HAVE received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces
- NOT HAVE been convicted of any felony
- NOT HAVE been convicted of a misdemeanor involving false statement, perjury or domestic violence
Becoming a CSO is a terrific opportunity for people starting their career in law enforcement.
If launching a career with great responsibility, many challenges, and serving your community appeals to you, then we have the job for you as a CSO.
New hire CSOs receive a salary of $26,262 annually. After a probationary period, Community Service Officers receive an annual salary of $27,575.
This position includes a full benefits package.
(requires a free Adobe Acrobat Reader)