Community Service Officer
CSOs are traditionally applicants who are looking towards law enforcement as a viable career path, and waiting to meet the requirements to apply to the Police Academy.
The CSO program allows the employee to gain valuable, practical experience, while earning a salary.
CSO’s will gain experience by performing the following services:
- Investigating traffic crashes
- Preparing and issuing Uniform Traffic Citations for non-criminal violations
- Responding to and handling abandoned vehicles
- Assisting and transporting stranded motorists
- Performing traffic related duties
- Responding to illegally parked cars
- Handling substation duties
- Acting as Crossing Guards
- Assisting in the search of missing persons
- Handling special events where large crowds and traffic issues may cause a problem
- Be in good physical condition.
* (PDF files require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to be viewed.)
- Must be able to run the mile in under 12 minutes.
Becoming a CSO is a terrific opportunity for people starting their career in law enforcement. If you would like more information regarding the CSO program, visit JoinJSO.com. If launching a career with great responsibility, many challenges, and serving your community appeals to you, then we have the job for you as a CSO.
This position includes a full benefits package.